- On April 1st, 1997, CMT was established by Charlie Guo and his alumni who graduated from MIT in 1996 with a degree in electrical engineering and they started to fulfill their dreams. Charlie and his team chose the company headquarter in Markham, Ontario. However, there were only 10 employees in the company at that time, and CMT was called Charlie's Telecom Inc.
- On January 9, 2007 - 10 years passed, the time has successfully witnessed the changing role of CMT - the company changed from the word “Telecom” to “Mobile”. It certainly reflected the company’s role-changing from selling telecommunication equipment to the smartphones market. After the role-changing, they were aimed to develop a unique reputation in the phone field – “After we changed our role to selling smartphone in 2007, our goal changed as well: Those who buy smartphones in CMT tend to be enthusiastic about our company. Because now, we could directly serve everybody and they could get the cheapest products and best services in the world”, said Charlie Guo, the CEO of CMT.
- Again, 10 years passed – Now, the CMT is best known for selling the best mobile products in the world. The company boasted 200 retail locations spanning 10 different countries, owned over 10,000 employees worldwide, and had worldwide annual sales of CA$30.20 billion in its fiscal year ending.
- There are three features that best describe the CMT. First, the CMT have the best services – making their customers feel comfortable. Every customer could have easy access to CMT’s customer service. Second, the products on the “CMT STORE” are advertised with its special feature because CMT’s employees worked tirelessly coming up with advertising idea to best describe the products. Moreover, the CMT has an unchanged tradition - every customer could get extra gifts if the customer buys any products on their website. E.g. For now, for those who buy a smartphone on CMT.com, they could get a Tesla Supercharger (which is among the world’s fastest rapid charging systems – an impressive 50% faster than any other mobile phones’ charger) for free.
- When it comes to the future of CMT, every employee believe that they will develop their own high-tech product. CMT just revealed its 10-year plan for the future. “we will get involved with designing and developing virtual reality, now it’s the time to offer a new set of tools in the coming software that will let developers connect VR headsets and create 3D and VR content” said Charlie, the CEO of CMT, “so that we could combine our own product with the best mobile phones to better satisfy our customers’ unique needs and aspirations.”